Fostering Excellence Through Faith, Education, and Community: Embracing Diversity, Empowering Individuals, and Inspiring Lifelong Achievement.
Monsignor Scanlan High School is a Catholic co-educational secondary school, dedicated to the vision of its founder, Rev. Msgr. Arthur J. Scanlan, which celebrates traditional Christian values, and the diversity of society; provides an education which emphasizes high academic standards, social awareness, and spiritual development; creates a family atmosphere that challenges, yet nurtures; cultivates an appreciation for the worth and dignity of every individual; fosters dedication to community service; and develops a life-long commitment to the realization of maximum personal potential.
Monsignor Scanlan High School Beliefs
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the model for human life.
- We believe that mutual respect of every individual across the religious and cultural spectrums is essential to our school identity.
- We believe that the education of a student must result from the partnership between the school and the family.
- We believe that an educational institution is responsible to teach, challenge, nurture, and motivate students to their maximum potential.
- We believe that all aspects of the educational process must reflect and support Catholic teachings and values.
- We believe that technology must be an integral part of the educational environment and should be available for daily student access.
- We believe that students should be encouraged to utilize digital resources, thereby equipping them with the skills they need to progress in the digital era of education.
- We believe that guiding students toward a lifelong commitment to community service through a service program is essential to the educational process.
- We believe that schools must provide a safe, clean, and healthy learning environment.
- We believe in the innate goodness of every individual.
- We believe that students deserve positive role models to instill a strong desire to achieve academic and individual success.
- We believe that both teaching and learning are lifelong processes
- We believe that there must be an ongoing constant improvement of instruction through lifelong learning.
- We believe that our academic standards must exceed state requirements.
- We believe that fostering positive teacher-student relationships is essential to reaching every student and promoting the growth of the whole community.
- We believe in providing an environment that promotes the advancement into higher education i.e: college / vocational trade schools / military.